This favorite recipe for "homemade" black bean brownies uses canned black beans to add affordable nutrition to the mix. A 15 ounce can of black beans costs less than $1. Black beans are packed with protein, dietary fiber, vitamins and minerals.
- 1 (15 ounce) can “no-salt-added” black beans
- 1 (18.4 ounce) box brownie mix
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to temperature according to directions on the box. Spray a baking pan (size recommended on box) with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Pour the can of black beans with liquid into a food processor or blender, and blend until well mixed and no chunks of beans remain.
- Add brownie mix to the blender, and blend until well combined. Pour into a 9 x 9-inch or 9 x 13-inch baking dish and bake according to the directions on the box.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size (1 brownie):
- Calories 125
- Total Fat 4g
- Saturated Fat 0.6g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 89mg
- Total Carbohydrates 22g
- Fiber 0.8g
- Protein 1.8g