Eating breakfast provides your body with the energy it needs to start the day, helps you to stay alert, and can improve your mood.
- 12 eggs
- pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup onion, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, diced
- 1/2 cup green pepper, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, diced
- 10 whole wheat flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- salsa (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Break eggs into a medium-sized bowl. Wash hands with soap and water after cracking raw eggs. Season with pepper and salt as desired. Whisk the eggs with a whisk or fork until combined.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat vegetable oil. Add onion and green pepper and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs to the green pepper mixture and use a spatula to scramble until cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place a tortilla on a plate, add scrambled egg mixture. Top with a sprinkle of cheese and salsa, if desired.
- Make burrito by folding two sides in and then rolling. Continue to assemble additional burritos using the same process.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
- To freeze burritos for later, place burritos in the refrigerator until cooled. When cooled, tightly wrap each burrito in tin foil and place in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- To reheat, unwrap and place burrito on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high 2-3 minutes, flipping it every minute. Let cool slightly before eating.
Cooked sausage and/or diced potatoes can be added to these burritos. Remember this will change the nutrition information.
- Serving Size (1 burrito):
- Calories 280
- Total Fat 16g
- Saturated Fat 6g
- Sodium 520mg
- Total Carbohydrates 21g
- Fiber 0g
- Protein 16g