Blueberry Baked French Toast
Yield: 6 servings
- 5 cups whole grain bread cubes
- ½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cups low-fat milk
- ¼ cup granulated sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon butter or margarine
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Wash hands with soap and water. Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Lightly coat an 8 X 8-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Add bread cups to the baking pan and top with blueberries.
- Crack eggs into a mixing bowl. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw eggs.
- To the eggs add milk, 2 tablespoons sugar, and vanilla. Whisk together.
- Pour egg mixture over bread and blueberries. Cut butter or margarine into small pieces and place on top of bread cubes.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons sugar with cinnamon and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake about 45 minutes until eggs are set and reach a minimum internal temperature of 165 °F on a food thermometer.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Calories 240
- Total Fat 7g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 120mg
- Sodium 280mg
- Total Carbohydrates 32g
- Fiber 3g
- Total Sugars 16g, includes 12g Added Sugars
- Protein 11g
- Vitamin D 6%
- Calcium 10%
- Iron 6%
- Potassium 6%
Nutrition Software Used:
ESHA Food Processor