Yield: 2 servings
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon milk or water
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- Black pepper or cayenne pepper, to taste
- Additional Fillings: vegetables, cheese, ham, turkey (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a small bowl, crack the eggs. Wash hands with soap and water after cracking raw eggs. Beat eggs, milk, salt, and pepper, if desired, with a fork until blended.
- Spray a small skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Pour in egg mixture.
- As the egg mixture starts to cook around the edges, tilt pan and gently push cooked portions to the center to allow uncooked portions to reach the pan's hot surface.
- If desired, top eggs with additional ingredients while top is still moist. Fold the omelet in half or roll.
- Slide omelet from pan onto plate.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Serving Size (1/2 of recipe):
- Calories 110
- Total Fat 7g
- Saturated Fat 2.5g
- Sodium 110mg
- Total Carbohydrates 1g
- Fiber 0g
- Total Sugars 1g
- Protein 10g