We are thrilled you are ready to start your Marathon Kids journey! Here are key tips to get started:
Step 1: Set a Goal
- Goal Setting is the process of deciding what you want to achieve.
- It's important to set goals because they help guide our focus and keeps us motivated.
- Use the goal setting sheet to help you:
- A big goal is something you want to accomplish by the end of your Marathon Kids season.
- A small goal is something you can do today to help you reach your big goal.
Step 2: Track Your Miles
Use one of the following printable mileage or activity logs to help keep track of your miles.
Step 3: Get out and be active!
- Heart-pumping activities count toward mileage too!
- 5 minutes of moderate - vigorous physical activity = a quarter of a mile.
Here are some options on how you can get out and be active:
Summer Family Run Club
To sign up for the 2023 Summer Family Run Club, go to go.unl.edu/marathonkidsrunner.Join our Facebook Group
In-Person Clubs Near You
Interested in running with friends? Contact us to see what in-person clubs are near you.Contact Us
Additional Running Resources
Marathon Kids is a national running program designed to motivate kids by utilizing running logs, boost their activity, and introduce them to the joy of running!