Breastfeeding is special—it prevents certain diseases, helps babies grow and develop, and makes them feel safe and secure. Here are some resources to help support breastfeeding moms:
Building Your Referral Bank of Community Breastfeeding Resources in the Omaha Metro Area Online Class for Early Childhood Professionals
November 12, 2020 from 1:00 to 2:30 PM CST
Parenthood surely is a journey. Parents often look to their child care provider for helpful tips or even resources in the community. You are in a unique position to help them over a hurdle. Do you know how to answer basic questions about breastfeeding? Ease concerns about not producing enough milk? Do you know where to refer families when the solution isn't so simple?
We hope to provide you with an overview of resources in the Omaha Metro Area for breastfeeding support. You'll learn from the experts, hear about what services they offer and how to connect if a referral is necessary. Your small gesture of support can help a family get through a bad day to reach their breastfeeding goal. We all have a role to play in supporting breastfeeding families.
- Become familiar with local breastfeeding support, resources, and organizations
- Understand when to answer questions about breastfeeding and when to refer for expert help
- Tiffany Keller, Lactation Consultant at CUMC Bergan Mercy Medical Center
- Ann Schuchardt, Lactation Consultant at Children's Hospital & Medical Center
- Deanna Stoffel, WIC Lactation Consultant at Charles Drew Health Center
- Kailey Snyder, Assistant Professor at Creighton University
Why should I sign-up?
- FREE program – no cost to you
- Receive 1 1/2 hours of annual in-service training requirements for Nebraska providers
- Participate at home or anywhere you have access to the internet
What if the date or time of the session does not work for me?
- There is an option to register for a recorded version of the session.
- You will have one week after the recorded session is available to watch the webinar and receive continuing education credits.