Herbs contain Vitamin C, which helps heal cuts and wounds and promotes a strong immune system. They also contain Vitamin K, which helps heal our bodies quickly.
- 4 cups fresh basil, gently rubbed under cold running water
- 1/3 cup nuts (walnuts, pine nuts, almonds)
- 3 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Pat basil dry with a paper towel after washing. Place the basil and nuts in a food processor or blender. Pulse until combined. Scrape down sides with a spatula or spoon.
- Add garlic and cheese to basil mixture and pulse until combined. Scrape down sides again with a spatula or spoon.
- While the food processor is running, slowly add half of the olive oil. Stop the food processor and scrape down sides again. Start the food processor and add remaining oil.
- Add salt and pepper, if desired.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator, or freeze for up to three months.
If desired, leave out the Parmesan cheese. You may need to decrease the olive oil.
- Serving Size (1/8 of recipe):
- Calories 180
- Total Fat 18g
- Saturated Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 5mg
- Sodium 115mg
- Total Carbohydrates 3g
- Fiber 1g
- Total Sugars 0g, includes 0g Added Sugars
- Protein 3g
- Vitamin D 0%
- Calcium 8%
- Iron 6%
- Potassium 2%