Printer-friendly PDF copy of recipe
Questions?? - Contact author Cami Wells, MS, RD
- Drain and rinse garbanzo beans. In a food processor or blender combine garbanzo beans, garlic, cumin, salt and olive oil.
- Blend on low speed, until a smooth, dipping consistency is reached. Add a tablespoon or two of water if a thinner consistency is desired.
- Serve with a variety of fresh vegetables or whole grain pita chips.
- Many hummus recipes call for tahini - a paste made from ground sesame seeds that is used frequently in Middle Eastern, Turkish and Greek dishes.
- This recipe does not call for tahini which works well for those who are unable to find it in their local grocery store, those not wanting to purchase a jar or for those who don't like the tahini flavor.