Nutrition Education Program (NEP)
What is NEP?
The Nutrition Education Program (NEP) helps families on a limited budget make healthier food choices and choose physically active lifestyles by acquiring the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and behavior changes necessary to improve their health. NEP is free to all participants who meet income guidelines. Additionally, NEP participates in Policies, Systems and Environmental (PSE) strategies that impact communities. These strategies include school wellness, community and school gardens, healthy food pantries, and child care center wellness. Together with community partnerships, NEP strives to improve the health of Nebraskans.
Additional Food Assistance Programs and Information
Families who are participating in NEP may also want to explore these resources.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)*
Nebraska SNAP online application or
Phone: (800) 430-3244
* SNAP is formerly known as the Food Stamp Program.
- Nebraska Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP)
- Nebraska Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
- Summer Food Service Program
- National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- Food Bank for the Heartland
- Food Bank of Lincoln
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Guard Your Health