Questions?? - Contact author Cami Wells, MS, RD
These yummy muffins are the perfect size for your little ones. The pumpkin adds wonderful color and flavor to your fall baking. The quick oats also give the muffins a nice texture and is a great way to include some whole grain foods for small children. Bake some together today!
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup low-fat milk
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- ¼ cup quick oats
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. melted margarine or butter
- 1/8 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Spray mini-muffin tins with cooking spray or use mini-muffin liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, quick oats, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice. In a separate bowl mix pumpkin, milk, oil and egg.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just moistened. Fill muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Mix topping ingredients. Sprinkle topping evenly over muffins. Bake mini-muffins at 400°F for 8 to 12 minutes or until evenly browned. Bake regular-sized muffins for 15 to 18 minutes.
If you use canned pumpkin to make the pumpkin spice muffins, you will have about ¾ cup of pumpkin leftover. What should you do with that extra pumpkin? Try our Perfectly Pumpkin Whole Wheat Pancakes.