Crispy Rice Bars
Makes 24 bars
1/4 cup margarine
1-10 ounce bag marshmallows
6 cups crispy rice cereal
1/4 cup peanut butter
1. Melt margarine in a large saucepan over low heat.
2. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
3. Add peanut butter to marshmallow mixture and stir
4. Remove from heat and add cereal.
5. Press mixture into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan, using
spatula dampened with cold water.
6. Cut into bars when cool.
Makes 8 servings
½ cup peanut butter
½ cup honey
¾ cup low-fat granola
¾ crispy rice cereal
½ cup raisins
½ cup crushed graham crackers
1. Spray an 8X8 pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat peanut butter and honey in a microwave on HIGH for 15-30 seconds, or until creamy.
3. Add granola, cereal, raisins and graham cracker crumbs to the peanut butter mixture and stir together.
4. Place the mixture in the prepared 8X8 pan. Let cool in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
5. Cut into squares.
6. Roll into balls and set on wax paper.
Enjoy! Keep refrigerated.
Makes 24 bars
1/4 cup honey
2 Tablespoons butter
1 package (10 ounces) marshmallows
(about 36 marshmallows)
6 cups flaked oat cereal
1 cup dried apricots, chopped
1 cup almonds, chopped
1/2 cup sunflower kernels
1. Microwave honey and butter in a large microwave safe bowl on HIGH 1 minute; stir until well blended.
2. Add marshmallows; toss to coat.
3. Microwave 1 1/2 minutes or until marshmallows are
puffed; stir until well blended.
4. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
5. Press cereal mixture firmly into greased 9 x 13 inch
pan. Cool. Cut into 24 bars.
NOTE: Try raisins or dried cranberries instead of apricots.
Cinnamon and sugar or
grated Parmesan cheese or
taco seasoning or
1. Have adult microwave popcorn, pop in a popcorn popper or pop the traditional way over the stove.
2. Put into a clean big paper bag or bowl.
3. Sprinkle the topping of your choice on top of the popcorn. Close the bag and shake it up.
4. For extra sticking power and a buttery feel, sprinkle water onto hot popcorn, then add seasoning. It's so tasty, you won't even need butter or salt.
Not recommended for children under age five. Popcorn may be difficult for young children to eat safely.
2 1/2 quarts of air-popped popcorn
Butter flavored spray
1 small package cherry flavored gelatin
1. Put popcorn into a large oven safe bowl and spray lightly with the butter flavored spray.
2. Sprinkle with gelatin.
3. Put in a 350° F oven for five minutes. The gelatin will dissolve slightly and stick to the popcorn.
½ cup unpopped popcorn
3 Tablespoons white sugar
¼ cup vegetable oil for popping
1. Heat oil in a medium sized pan until hot.
2. Add popcorn and sprinkle all of the sugar over it.
3. Cover and shake continuously until popped.
10 cups popped popcorn
16 ounce package miniature marshmallows
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 cup diced dried fruit
1 cup chips (chocolate, butterscotch, etc.)
1. Mix popcorn, dried fruit and chips in large bowl; set
2. In large saucepan, heat marshmallows and butter
Over low heat, stirring until melted and smooth.
3. Pour marshmallow mixture over popcorn mixture;
tossing to coat evenly. Cool about 5 minutes, to
4. Rinse hands with cold water. Shake off the excess
water. Form popcorn mixture into 3-inch balls with your damp hands.
6 cups popped popcorn
2 T. creamy peanut butter
2 T. grape jelly
2 T. butter or margarine
1. Melt peanut butter, jelly and butter or margarine together over low heat or 20-30 seconds in the microwave.
2. Pour over popcorn and toss until evenly coated.
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
10 cups freshly popped popcorn
1 package (10 ½ oz.) miniature marshmallows
2 cups mini graham cookies
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup in medium saucepan. Cook over high heat for 5 minutes; remove from heat and stir in baking soda.
2. Combine popcorn and marshmallows in large bowl. Pour sugar mixture over popcorn to coat. Gently stir in graham cookies and chocolate chips.
3. Spread mixture evenly into greased 15 x 10 inch pan. Let cool completely.
4. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container.