Keeping Kids Safe
Web Sessions for Child Care Providers
Here are the handouts from the web sessions that were taught in previous years.
Safe Food Safe Kids – Be informed on the latest food safety do's and don'ts of preparing and handling food.
Handouts for Session on February 28:
- What Causes Foodborne Illness?,
- Food Safety for Childcare Facilities,
- Food Safety Self-Inspection for Child Care Facilities
Food Allergies – Discover the difference between a food allergy and a food intolerance and how to prevent a food allergy reaction.
Handouts for Session on March 15:
Infant Feeding and Food Safety – Learn the latest information on safely feeding breast milk and formula, feeding solid foods, drinking from a cup, choking prevention, sanitary food preparation and safe food handling with commercially prepared and home-prepared baby food.
Handouts for Session on March 31:
- Powerpoint Presentation
- Good Nutrition from the Start: When is an infant ready for solid food? - National Food Service Management Institute
- Bottle Feeding - National Food Service Management Institute
- Successfully Feeding Breast Milk in the Child Care Setting - National Food Service Management Institute
Related Link: Food Safety for Families Fact Sheets and Podcast Includes safe practices for breast milk, formula and baby's first fooods; clean handwashing, washing and preparing foods, proper storage and more from UNL Extension Food Safety.
Email Cami Wells or call her at (308) 385-5088 for questions.