Walk Nebraska Newsletter
April: Tai Chi Walk
Tai Chi Walk is known as a calm, methodical form of “meditation in motion,” where one creates a “mind-body connection” that carries aspects of the martial arts activity, Tai Chi. The gentle movement of Tai Chi is a form of walking comprised of focus, flowing movement and deep breathing. Tai Chi Walking, which has shown value in maintaining, treating and preventing many health issues, Tai Chi can be done anywhere: the office, park, home, etc.
- Helps with many age related health problems
- Reduces pain and improves mood and physical function
- Helps maintain bone density
- Lowers blood pressure
- Improves levels of cholesterol
- Improves balance and walking ability, reducing falls
- Reduces impact on joints
Click here for the complete article to learn more about the tai chi walk.
Contact author Pat Jones, Extension Educator in Brown, Rock and Keya Paha Counties for questions.
- Check out Walk Nebraska - a unique web site designed to help you achieve a healthier lifestyle by making walking an important part of your personal fitness program.
- More Newsletters from Walk Nebraska
- Physical Activity information from UNL Extension