Happy, Healthy Winter Holidays Pinterest Board
Questions or comments? Email Alice Henneman, MS, RD
Visit UNL Extension's "Happy Healthy Holidays Pinterest Board," created by my Extension colleague Amy Peterson, MS, RD and including pins added by Lisa Franzen-Castle, PhD, RD, Cami Wells, MS, RD and Kayla Colgrove, MS, RD.
NOTE: Even if you don't have a Pinterest Account, you can still click on the individual photos and you will be directed to the webpage that has the information related to that picture.
Follow our board and/or repin items to add to or make your own holiday boards. Over 50 "pins" will help you put more jolly into your holidays!
"Pins" include the following examples:
- Healthy makeovers for holiday foods
- Tips to fit in fitness and stay active over the holidays
- Homemade and healthy holidays gifts
- Holiday food preparation, safety & healthy eating tips (includes some in Spanish)
- How to cook ahead for the holidays
- Healthy holiday party tips
- Substitutions for when you're missing an ingredient
- Why canned bread in a jar is NOT a safe holiday gift
- Food safety tips for holiday meals and buffets
- Guidelines for sending food gifts to the military
- Classic cooked eggnog
- 12 holiday food safety mistakes
- A simple, low cost way to tell if your freezer power was off when you were away for the holidays
- Slow cooker meals
- Many, many more (over 60 pins!)
(Photo shows an example of a "pin" of Country Chili Mix - nice to give as a healthy holiday gift or just enjoy yourself!)