National Food Days, Weeks & Months
Contributors: Kayla Colgrove, MS, RD, UNL Extension in Gage County; Alice Henneman, MS, RD, UNL Extension in Lancaster County; and Lisa Franzen Castle, MS, RD, PhD, Panhandle Research and Extension Center.
Questions or comments? Email Kayla Colgrove, MS, RD, ACSM-CPT
Sign Up for the Food Calendar Mailing List
Would you like to be notified when our Calendar of Food Days, Weeks, and Months has been updated? Subscribe to our listserv at http://food.unl.edu/subscribe-to-food-calendar.
UNL Extension's Calendar of Food Days, Weeks, and Months is a monthly, web-based food-themed calendar. It provides resources for selected national food-themed days, weeks, and months.
We hope this provides you inspiration for blogs, tweets, programs, and articles.
~Kayla Colgrove, MS, RD, ACSM-CPT
► For more timely food tips and inspiration, visit my blog, Making HealthieRDecisions
UNL Food Features
(Updated July 1, 2014)
- Healthy Bites Newsletter
July: National Ice Cream Month
- Cook It QuickNewsletter
Fresh Produce Tips & Recipes
- Food Fun for Younger Children
Bring on the Bananas
- Food Reflections Newsletter
Promoting Fruits and Vegetables
- Walk Nebraska Newsletter
July Issue: Beat the Heat!
- Making HealthierRDecisions
- Nutrition Know How Blog
(A new tip posted weekly)
- Discover Foods Blog
(a new tip posted weekly)
- Cook It Quick Blog
(published 1 -2 times/month)
- Agri-Cultural with Dr. Lindsay
- Food, Nutrition & Health by the Month Calendar
- Food Fun for Young Kids (Pinterest)
- Easy (& Healthy!) Everyday Recipes (Pinterest)
- "Choose MyPlate" Update (video)
- 4-Day Throw Away (food safety app)
- Choose MYPlate: Selected Consumer Messages (free PowerPoint and online slide show)
- Test Your Salt Savvy (quiz)