by Alice Henneman, MS, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist & Extension Educator
Questions or Comments? Contact author, Alice Henneman
The extra calories sometimes sneak up on us over the winter holidays. They don't always arrive in the form of large portions of calorie-laden food. Rather, they may tiptoe in through many tiny tastes throughout the day.
Let's look at "Holly Day's" food diary for one day and view how those "tiny tastes" can add up. Calories are approximate and will vary, depending on brand, recipe, exact serving size, etc.
Related Holiday Links
- Helpful Winter Holiday Food Preparation, Food Safety & Healthy Eating Links
- Food, Nutrition and Health by the Month (December)
- Have a Healthy RED & GREEN Holiday!
- Healthy Dietary Substitutions for Holiday Recipes
- 6 Tools to Simplify Cooking (Holiday or Everyday)
- Time-Saving Kitchen Tools for Holiday Gifts
- Tips for Low Cost Holiday Meals (pdf)
- Healthy (and FUN) Holiday Gifts for You
- Get out of the Kitchen When Company's Coming: Cook Ahead
- Homemade Food Gifts (PINTEREST)
FREE POWERPOINTS & HANDOUTS
- Tiny Tastes Can Total Big Calories over the Winter Holidays (FREE PowerPoint & Handout)
- Mix It Up (to Expand Your Holiday Gift-giving Dollar) Food Mixes in a Jar (FREE recipe handout & PowerPoint)
- Holiday Beverage Mix Recipes (FREE PowerPoint & recipe handout)