These learning aids have been developed in the Meat Science area at UNL to assist not only students, but anyone involved in the meat industry.
- The 3D Porcine Myology and 3D Bovine Myology and muscle profiling tools developed at UNL. These computer applications allow you to look at the beef or pork carcass in a 3D model.
A Bovine Myology CD can be ordered through NCBA's KCR distribution system by calling 800-368-3138 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and referencing item number 12-801.
Meat Cuts Identification
- Beef: The Major Cuts (links to images and cooking recommendaitons)
- Beef Cuts ID Poster Chart from the Beef Checkoff Board -"Beef Made Easy"
- Beef Innovations Group -Value Cuts (Supported by Beef CheckOff)
- Pork: The Major Cuts (links to images and cooking recommendations)
- Pork Cuts: web page from National Pork Board, downloadable PDF of pork cuts chart
- Lamb Wholesale Cuts (images)
- Nebraska 4-H Meat Cut Identification - Learn the retail cuts of meat and best ways to prepare.
- Meat Cut Identification Resources
Quizzes from past FFA Contest Events