Salad in Bag
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 medium apple, gently rubbed under cold running water, cored, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 carrot, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water and cut into 8 pieces (or a handful baby carrots)
- 1 cucumber, gently rubbed under cold running water, seeds removed, cut into 8 pieces
- 5 radishes, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water and each cut into 4 pieces
- 5 cooked baby beets (canned beets can also be used)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Place the apple, carrot, cucumber, radishes, and beets into a large self-closing freezer plastic bag. Seal the bag and gently hit with a rolling pin.
- Open the bag and break up any larger pieces. To prevent choking, avoid serving food that is as wide as a nickel or wider. Pour into a serving bowl.
- Add a little of your favorite dressing and gently toss together — remember to dress it lightly, you can always add more dressing. Enjoy!
Smash beets after the other vegetables to prevent them from coloring all the vegetables. The cucumber and apple can be peeled to make them easier to break apart.
- Calories 78
- Total Fat 0.4g
- Sodium 65mg
- Total Carbohydrates 18g
- Fiber 3.4g