Clover Power Smoothie
Yield: 5 cups
- 2/3 cup 100% apple juice
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups frozen pineapple chunks, no sugar added
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 banana
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Gently wash spinach under cold running water. If spinach is marked "pre-washed" or "ready-to-eat", use the spinach without further washing.
- Add apple juice and spinach leaves to blender. Blend first to help make it smooth and avoid leafy chunks
- Place the remaining ingredients in the blender.
- Blend until smooth and serve.
- Substitute low-fat or nonfat milk or 100% white grape juice for 100% apple juice. Adding milk instead of 100% fruit juice will lower the and sugar while adding extra calcium to help strengthen bones.
- Use kale instead of spinach. Kale does have a stronger flavor than spinach.
- Replace low-fat vanilla yogurt with nonfat vanilla yogurt or nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt.
- Serving Size (1 cup):
- Calories 135
- Total Fat 1g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Sodium 35mg
- Total Carbohydrates 31g
- Fiber 2g
- Total Sugars 24g
- Protein 2g