Kayla Colgrove, MS, RDN, ACSM-CPT, Nebraska Extension in Lancaster County
Ingredients (6 servings)
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits in 100% juice, drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces) mandarin oranges in water, no sugar added, drained
- 2 cups nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 6 pieces candy corn
- Drain pineapple tidbits and mandarin oranges.
- Layer 1/3 cup pineapple tidbits, 1/3 cup mandarin oranges and 1/3 cup yogurt in each of the 6 clear plastic cups (9 ounces).
- Keep parfaits in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Garnish with a piece of candy corn right before serving.
- Select fruit canned in 100% fruit juice or water rather than syrup when choosing canned fruits.
- Try fresh fruit in place of canned fruit.
- Swap out any yellow and orange fruit you like best such as using peaches or cantaloupe for mandarin oranges.
Per Serving: Calories 157, Total Fat 0g, Saturated Fat 0g, Cholesterol 1.7mg, Sodium 37mg, Total Carbohydrate 31.5g, Dietary Fiber 1.3g, Sugars 24.1g, Protein 7.7g
*Nutrition information will change if substitutions are used