Ingredients (4 Servings)
- 1 T. vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 lb. beef, pork, chicken, shrimp, or tofu, cubed or thinly sliced
- 1 (14 oz.) pkg. frozen oriental vegetables, thawed or
- 4 c. fresh vegetables, chopped (such as broccoli, zucchini, cabbage, mushrooms, etc.)
- 2 c. rice, cooked (optional)
- 3/4 c. water
- 1 T. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 T. soy sauce
- In a large skillet, heat oil. Sauté onion for 1 minute.
- Add protein food of choice. Stir-fry until nearly cooked through. Add vegetables. Cook for 2 to 4 minutes, adding water if needed. Continue cooking until meat is cooked through.
- In a separate bowl, mix together water, cornstarch, lemon juice, sugar, and soy sauce. Mix well.
- Pour mixture onto vegetables. Heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve over cooked rice, if desired.
*You can leave out the meat to make a vegetable stir fry.
Calories 460, Total Fat 32 g (49% DV), Saturated Fat 12 g (59% DV), Cholesterol 85 mg (29% DV), Sodium 390 mg (16% DV), Total Carbohydrate 20 g (7% DV), Dietary Fiber 5 g (19% DV), Sugars 3 g, Protein 23 g, Vitamin A 100%, Vitamin C 25%, Calcium 4%, Iron 20%.