Extension believes that all Nebraskans should participate in the food system to ensure viable, healthy, and productive communities. We know we are better together and are excited to create a space to gather people in the regional food system arena. That’s where you come in!
You are invited to join us for the inaugural Nebraska Extension Regional Food Systems Summit scheduled for February 4, 2019, at the Nebraska Innovation Campus.
Register here: https://ssp.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0DqxvmYNDQZ2bNX
Our objectives include:
1. Understand Nebraska Extension’s commitment to supporting robust regional food systems across Nebraska,
2. Determine where and how the regional food system is already established, and
3. Identify how your land-grant University can better contribute to a vibrant and equitable regional food system.
Optional Tours of the Food Processing Center:
(1 hour tour - limited to the first 60 per hour tour, Choose 9:30 am or 10:30 am Tour Time)
1. Sensory Lab & product development
2. Pilot plant
3. Food entrepreneur program presentation
1:00 pm Welcome and Introduction to the Nebraska Extension Regional Foods System Initiative
1:35 pm Why Does Regional Food Systems Matter?
2:30 pm Presentation of Extension’s contribution and resources available Online hub and how it can best serve you
2:45 pm What do you want from Extension?
3:45 pm Speaker and Next Steps for Regional Food Systems Network
4:45 pm Networking at The Mill