Article written by Cami Wells (email@example.com) MS, RD, Extension Educator in Hall County.
Kids love to dip! This is a super-easy snack to make with kids. Even little ones can help stir the pudding mix into the yogurt. Just make sure to provide a non-breakable bowl with enough room to prevent spills.
- 8 ounces vanilla yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon chocolate instant pudding mix
- 24 animal crackers
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Combine yogurt and pudding mix.
- Serve 1/4 cup of "swamp" to each child with 6 animal crackers.
- Dip crackers into the "swamp" and enjoy.
- Refrigerate any extra "swamp" within 2 hours and eat within to 3 to 4 days.
Makes 4 servings. Each serving contains: 127 calories, 4 g fat, 22 g carbohyrate, 0 g fiber and 143 mg sodium.
Try different flavors of yogurt or pudding mix like strawberry yogurt with vanilla pudding or vanilla yogurt with butterscotch or lemon pudding. Be creative and dip graham crackers, vanilla wafers or your child's favorite fruit like strawberries, bananas or apples.