Ingredients (6 Servings)
- 1 T. butter or margarine
- 1/2 c. onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 c. water*
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes*
- 1 1/2 c. instant rice, uncooked
- 2 T. slivered almonds**/li>
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter, add onions and sauté until tender.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Add bouillon cubes and stir to dissolve.
- Stir in rice and slivered almonds. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff with fork and serve.
*2 c. chicken broth can be substituted for the water and bouillon cubes. **Sunflower seeds can be substituted for the almonds. If desired, more almonds or sunflower seeds can be added, to taste.
Per Serving: Calories 80, Total Fat 3.5 g (5% DV), Saturated Fat 1.5 g (7% DV), Cholesterol 5 mg (2% DV), Sodium 125 mg (5% DV), Total Carbohydrate 11 g (4% DV), Dietary Fiber <1 g (3% DV), Sugars 1 g, Protein 2 g, Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.