Know how. Know now.
From border to border in Nebraska, UNL Extension is making an incredible impact on the success of our state — its youth, its families, its farms and ranches, its communities, its economy. Please check these websites for more "know how, know now" information.
Keeping Kids Safe
Web Sessions for Child Care Providers
Here are the handouts from the web sessions that were taught earlier this year.
Safe Food Safe Kids – Be informed on the latest food safety do’s and don’ts of preparing and handling food.
Handouts for Session on February 28:
- What Causes Foodborne Illness?,
- Food Safety for Childcare Facilities,
- Food Safety Self-Inspection for Child Care Facilities
Food Allergies – Discover the difference between a food allergy and a food intolerance and how to prevent a food allergy reaction.
Handouts for Session on March 15:
Infant Feeding and Food Safety – Learn the latest information on safely feeding breast milk and formula, feeding solid foods, drinking from a cup, choking prevention, sanitary food preparation and safe food handling with commercially prepared and home-prepared baby food.
Handouts for Session on March 31:
- Powerpoint Presentation
- Good Nutrition from the Start: When is an infant ready for solid food? - National Food Service Management Institute
- Bottle Feeding - National Food Service Management Institute
- Successfully Feeding Breast Milk in the Child Care Setting - National Food Service Management Institute
Related Link: Food Safety for Families Fact Sheets and Podcast Includes safe practices for breast milk, formula and baby's first fooods; clean handwashing, washing and preparing foods, proper storage and more from UNL Extension Food Safety.
Email Cami Wells or call her at (308) 385-5088 for questions.