Know how. Know now.
From border to border in Nebraska, UNL Extension is making an incredible impact on the success of our state — its youth, its families, its farms and ranches, its communities, its economy. Please check these websites for more "know how, know now" information.
Meat Scientists at The University of Nebraska - Lincoln have taken the 3 fold mission of a land grant university seriously to improve the Meat Products you consume.
Faculty and staff are actively working in Extension, Teaching and Research in the following ways:
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) Workshops
- Pork 101
- Beef 706
- Food Safety
- Youth Education
- Retail Beef Decision Tool
- Bovine Myology
- Porcine Myology
- Meat Culinology Certificate Program (on-line)
- Undergrate Courses in the Meat Science Option of an Animal Science Degree
- Graduate Courses in Meat Science and Growth and Development of Meat Animals
- Muscle Profiling
- Meat Quality
- Meat Flavor
- Food Safety Interventions
- Meat Characteristics of Beef and Pork fed Distillers Grains
- Beef Value Cuts
- Instrument Grading Technology
Explore food-related academic majors!
The University of Nebraska–Lincoln (UNL) offers several food-related undergraduate programs in a variety of academic disciplines. Many of these programs are interdisciplinary. More ...