Please see the drop-down menu under Food Topics in the top navigation bar for links to pages on other food topics.
Walk Nebraska Newsletters
October 2012: Wellness at Work
Think for just a minute about your typical workday. For many Americans, work means hours of sitting, lots of stress, rushed or skipped meals and plenty of high-fat, high-sugar snacks and beverages. Fitting fitness and nutrition into your workday can make a big difference in your performance, attitude and health.
When aiming for a healthy weight, physical activity is a must. Fortunately, there are many fun and easy ways to fit fitness into a workday. Here are some ideas:
- Wear a pedometer at work – Since every step counts, wearing a pedometer is a wonderful motivator to walk more during your workday.
- Walk around the office – There’s no need to sit while you talk on the phone or think – pacing and fidgeting are physical activities!
- Walk and talk – Need to discuss something with a co-worker? A walking meeting can be more productive – and healthier too.
- Walk up (and down) stairs – If you have a choice, always take the stairs. Make as many trips up and down as possible.
- Lift weights while you talk – Keep a weight near the telephone. Pick it up when you get a call and pump your arms while you talk.
Living a healthy lifestyle does not stop when you are at work. In fact, there are many opportunities for improving your fitness, including increased energy and greater productivity. Set your mind to being the best that you can be throughout your day.
Click here for the complete article to learn more about wellness at work.
- Check out Walk Nebraska - a unique web site designed to help you achieve a healthier lifestyle by making walking an important part of your personal fitness program.
- More Newsletters from Walk Nebraska