Please see the drop-down menu under Food Topics in the top navigation bar for links to pages on other food topics.
Walk Nebraska Newsletters
Walking is a fun, inexpensive way to include valuable physical activity in your day. It can be done anywhere, at any time. If you don't shake it up a bit, walking may get monotonous. Here are a few ways to break up that routine:
- Walk with a friend if you usually walk alone. Or take your family. It may not be as fast, but others point out things you may not see, and make the time fly!
- Take a different route. See something new. Try watching a movie if you are walking on the treadmill. It will encourage you to walk longer.
- Use a pedometer. Wearing one all day will be a gentle reminder to keep moving. Parking further away in the parking lot or taking the stairs will help.
- Listen to upbeat tunes on a portable device. MP3 players, walking radios, etc... are all great ways to kick up your heels while you are walking.
Questions?? - Contact author Cindy Brison, MS, RD, Extension Educator
- Check out Walk Nebraska - a unique web site designed to help you achieve a healthier lifestyle by making walking an important part of your personal fitness program.
- More Newsletters from Walk Nebraska