Please see the drop-down menu under Food Topics in the top navigation bar for links to pages on other food topics.
Cooking Healthy Meals for 1 or 2 -- a Checklist
|Photo: emotional toothpaste on flickr |
Creative Commons license
NEW! Follow me on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/alicehenneman/
Sometimes, it can be hard to get motivated when cooking a meal for just one or two people. Here is a checklist to help you get the most value for your time and money if you are cooking for two, or just you!
- Cooking for One or Two (Source: North Dakota State University Extension Service)
- Reducing the Size of Recipes
- Freezing Raw Onions
- Freezing Cooked Foods for Future Meals
- Wraps (1 serving)
- Nutritionally Hot Oatmeal (1 serving)
- Freezing Cooked Hamburger "Crumbles" for Future Meals
- Smoothies (many recipes are for single servings)