How Should You Spend Your Calorie Salary?
FREE PowerPoint, Handout, and Online Slide Show
Alice Henneman, MS, RD
University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension
Questions or comments? Email Alice Henneman
USDA’S MyPlate symbolizes a simple, personalized approach to remind consumers to make healthy food choices and be active every day.
Think of MyPlate as a “calorie salary” guide that helps you get the most health and enjoyment from what you eat. Plan calories the same as major expenses — such as a car, house, or vacation.
Download Calorie Salary PowerPoint
- IMPORTANT: RIGHT click on the ABOVE red link. A pop-up box should appear. Download from Mozilla FireFox (not Internet Explorer) -- see reasons below.
- LEFT click on the option offered by your browser: Either "Save target as ... " or "Save link as ..."
NOTE: DO NOT use Internet Explorer to download this PowerPoint (which is a newer pptx version) as it downloads it as a zip file which is more difficult to open. It will be much easier to download it using Mozilla Firefox. If you don't already have Mozilla FireFox on your computer, you can download Mozilla FireFox from http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
Or you can download it from http://www.slideshare.net/alicehenneman/how-should-you-spend-your-calorie-salary (you can set up a FREE account if you don't already have one). Though SlideShare may suggest that you access it through Facebook or Twitter, it is not necessary to do that.
Email Alice Henneman if you have problems.
Download Calorie Salary Handout
View Calorie Salary Slide Show
To embed this slide show on your website or blog, copy and paste this code. TIP: If you can't copy it from Internet Explorer, trying copying it from Firefox.
<div style="width:510px" id="__ss_11709611"> <strong style="display:block;margin:12px 0 4px"><a href="http://www.slideshare.net/alicehenneman/how-should-you-spend-your-calorie-salary" title="How Should You Spend Your Calorie Salary?" target="_blank">How Should You Spend Your Calorie Salary?</a></strong> <iframe src="http://www.slideshare.net/slideshow/embed_code/11709611?rel=0" width="510" height="426" frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no"></iframe> <div style="padding:5px 0 12px"> View more presentations from <a href="http://www.slideshare.net/alicehenneman" target="_blank">University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension</a> </div> </div>
- Choose My Plate: Selected Consumer Messages (online slide show and FREE downloadable PowerPoint
- Name that Veggie (online slide show and FREE downloadable PowerPoint)
- Dietary Guidelines for American, 2010: Quiz Yourself (online slide show and FREE downloadable PowerPoint)
- Walk Nebraska
- Control Diabetes for Life
- Small Steps to Health and Wealth (TM)