Please see the drop-down menu under Food Topics in the top navigation bar for links to pages on other food topics.
Questions?? - Contact author Cami Wells, MS, RD
It’s springtime and a great opportunity to enjoy the fresh flavors of the season! Sometimes it can be challenging for kids to try new foods. Here is a fun way to introduce a new fruit that some kids may have not tried before – kiwi!
- ½ of a whole wheat English muffin
- Low-fat strawberry cream cheese
- ½ of a kiwi, cut in half
- 2 small blueberries
- 1 strawberry cut in the shape of a triangle.
- 6 pretzel sticks
- Spread cream cheese on English.
- Have your child decorate with blueberries for the eyes, strawberry for the nose, pretzel sticks for the whiskers and kiwi slices for the ears.