1 lb. lean ground beef
1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
3 c. whole wheat corkscrew macaroni, uncooked
1 (1.25 oz.) pkg. taco seasoning mix
1/4 c. green pepper, chopped
1 c. low-fat Cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
1/2 c. non-fat sour cream
- Preheat oven to 3500F. Spray a 2-quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions. Drain.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef. Drain fat.
- Add taco seasoning, tomato sauce, and green pepper to meat.
- Bring meat mixture to a boil. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked macaroni, 1/2 cup cheese, and sour cream. Spread on the bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Top with meat mixture and remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Nutrition Information per Serving: Calories 300, Total Fat 7 g (11% DV), Saturated Fat 3 g (14% DV), Cholesterol 25 mg (8% DV), Sodium 820 mg (34% DV), Total Carbohydrate 38 g (13% DV), Dietary Fiber 2 g (7% DV), Sugars 3 g, Protein 21 g, Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 8%, Iron 20%.