Meat Scientists at The University of Nebraska - Lincoln have taken the 3 fold mission of a land grant university seriously to improve the Meat Products you consume.
Faculty and staff are actively working in Extension, Teaching and Research in the following ways:
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) Workshops
- Pork 101
- Beef 706
- Food Safety
- Youth Education
- Retail Beef Decision Tool
- Bovine Myology
- Porcine Myology
- Meat Culinology Certificate Program (on-line)
- Undergrate Courses in the Meat Science Option of an Animal Science Degree
- Graduate Courses in Meat Science and Growth and Development of Meat Animals
- Muscle Profiling
- Meat Quality
- Meat Flavor
- Food Safety Interventions
- Meat Characteristics of Beef and Pork fed Distillers Grains
- Beef Value Cuts
- Instrument Grading Technology
Where's the Beef? Learn More about Beef Cuts with New NUBeef-Anatomy App! (available from iTunes and the Google Play Store for Android)
The new NUBeef-Anatomy app allows users to navigate through the anatomy of beef cattle and learn more about bones and muscles found in the carcass.
"This makes the app relevant to chefs and consumers as they determine proper methods of preparation," according to Steven Jones, professor of animal science at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln who developed the media with EdMedia's instructional multimedia designer Vishal Singh.