Apples are great any time. Try this crunchy idea for a quick breakfast or after school snack - perfect for both kids and adults!
Cherry Nut Apple Slices
- 1 apple
- 1 tablespoon nut butter (peanut, almond, etc.)
- 3 tablespoons dried cherries, cut in half
- Cut apple into four pieces. Remove the core from each apple quarter.
- Slightly spread nut butter on each apple quarter.
- Sprinkle dried cherries on the nut butter. Enjoy! Makes 2 servings. Each serving contains 146 calories, 4 grams of fat, 26 grams of carbohydrate, 74 mg of sodium and 3 grams of fiber.
Getting Children Involved in the Kitchen:
- Let children break flowerettes from broccoli or cauliflower.
- Have children measure frozen veggies before cooking them.
- Let children sprinkle herbs or seasonings onto veggies or salads.
- Play “I Spy” in the grocery store to see how many fruits and vegetables they can find. Think about not only fresh produce but canned, dried and frozen.