Tiny Tastes Can Total BIG Calories over the Winter Holidays
View Video; Download FREE Related PowerPoint & Related Handout
Alice Henneman, MS, RD, University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension
Questions about this Web page? Contact Alice Henneman
Extra calories can sneak in over the holidays. They don't always come in large portions, but can tiptoe in through tiny tastes throughout the day. We hope you enjoy viewing our slide show and learning more!
(Directions for downloading a related PowerPoint and handout are found below the video.)
PowerPoint and handout
We think you'll have fun using this PowerPoint to make your audiences more aware of the effect of "tiny tastes" they are taking! The presentation time can range from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on how much discussion you include. OR, you can set if up to loop continuously at a health fair.
- IMPORTANT: RIGHT click on the ABOVE red link. A pop-up box should appear.
- LEFT Click on the option offered by your browser: Either "Save target as..." or "Save link as..."
Related Holiday Links
- Helpful Winter Holiday Food Preparation, Food Safety & Healthy Eating Links
- Food, Nutrition and Health by the Month (December)
- Have a Healthy RED & GREEN Holiday!
- Healthy Dietary Substitutions for Holiday Recipes
- 6 Tools to Simplify Cooking (Holiday or Everyday)
- Time-Saving Kitchen Tools for Holiday Gifts
- Tips for Low Cost Holiday Meals (pdf)
- Healthy (and FUN) Holiday Gifts for You
- Control Diabetes for LIfe; Successfully Manage the Holidays (video, handouts)
- Get out of the Kitchen When Company's Coming: Cook Ahead
A special "Thank You!" to the following people for reviewing these materials and adding their suggestions: Mary Balluff, Chiquita Briley, Cindy Brison, Joan Davis, Vicki Jedlicka, Jackie Johnson, Shannon Muhs, Dave Palm, Vicki Rethmeier, Kathy Retzlaff, Carie Schneider-Miller, Kathy Tack, Kathi Taylor, Kathleen Upton, Amy Vore