Supermarket Savings: 16 Tips that Total BIG Bucks!
Online slide show, FREE PowerPoint and handout; Visit related links
- IMPORTANT: RIGHT click on the ABOVE red link. A pop-up box should appear.
- LEFT Click on the option offered by your browser: Either "Save target as..." or "Save link as..."
ONLINE SLIDE SHOW (below)
RELATED LINKS: Saving Money on Food
- Basic Bean Cookery
All jokes aside about "the musical fruit," beans are a great food to sing the praises of in ALL economic times. Cheap, tasty, convenient and good-for-you too. Tips and recipes.
- Basic Foods for Fridge, Freezer and Cupboard
Ideas and recipes for basic foods that will combine and re-combine into a variety of meals. It's like a buying an all-purpose wardrobe for your kitchen.
- Easy Ground Beef Recipes from Your Freezer
Think beyond ground beef patties with these ideas -- plus make them when you have time and eat them later.
- Freezing Sandwiches
Great for making up a batch of sandwiches at one time for thrifty sack lunches!
- Ingredient Substitutions
Avoid buying foods you'll seldom use or wasting gas for a trip to the store for a missing ingredient.
- Making a Meal with What's on Hand
Some ideas of alternates for such staples as bread for sandwiches.
- Food Safety Checklist for "Planned-Over Foods" PDF
Making extra food for later meals can save time and money as long as you don't let it make you sick. Think of the George Carlin quote: "Leftovers make you feel good twice. First, when you put it away, you feel thrifty and intelligent: ‘I'm saving food!' Then a month later when blue hair is growing out of the ham, and you throw it away, you feel really intelligent: ‘I'm saving my life!'"
- Cleaning the Kitchen Cupboard: Toss or Save? PDF
Learn how to save and manage your investment in kitchen staples such as flour, sugar, oil, etc.
- Reducing the Size of Recipes
Avoid making more than you need by making less -- here are some tips for doing it.
- Food Storage Facts
A food may still be safe, but no longer taste like something you want to eat if it's stored too long -- learn more about optimal storage times.