Serving up quick, healthy meal & snack ideas for younger children
Fruity Smart Tarts
Printer-friendly PDF copy of recipe
Printer-friendly PDF copy of recipe in Spanish
Questions?? - Contact author Cami Wells, MS, RD
12 wonton wrappers
1 tablespoon white sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¾ cup low-fat vanilla yogurt or frozen yogurt
1 cup of fruit – fresh or canned – cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Put a wonton wrapper into each muffin cup in a muffin tin. Spray each wonton wrapper with non-stick spray.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Mix well. Sprinkle the mixture onto the wrappers. Bake for 5 minutes or until the wrappers are crispy and golden. Watch closely to prevent burning. Let cool.
- Scoop approximately 1 tablespoon of yogurt into each cup and top with fruit. Makes 12 servings.
- Wontons wrappers are made from flour, egg, water, and salt. They are traditionally stuffed and prepared by baking, steaming, boiling or frying.
- The wrappers can usually be found in the produce section of the grocery and need to be kept under refrigeration.
- Wonton wrappers can be frozen for longer storage.