REGISTER online: Farmer/Rancher Register Here
Membership Fee for Family Farmer/Rancher: $50
- Listing in a beautiful, professionally-designed local food directory, highlighting your production methods and practices, and markets where your produce and products can be purchased.
- Listing in the Online Food Guide.
- Receive a BFBLN Certificate, mailed to you for display at your business.
- Promotion through BFBLN website, email, social media and traditional media.
- Highlight as a “Featured Member of the Week” on social media and website. Articles are archived on the BFBLN website for consumer’s awareness.
- Take part of events that keep you connected with other BFBLN members and consumers searching for locally-grown and raised food, new market opportunities, and organizations and agencies that support Nebraska’s outstanding diversified farmers and ranchers.
- Marketing, business management, pricing, new regulations trainings and technical assistance as requested.
- Grow or raise foods or other agricultural products (ornamental plants, bedding plants or Christmas trees) in Nebraska primarily for consumption in the state OR grown/raised foods in a bordering state with majority of sales in Nebraska (these will be considered on a case-by case basis).
- BFBLN Products must be traceable to a specific Nebraska farm or ranch.
- BFBLN materials should be used only for locally-raised products. BFBLN members that also retail non-locally produced items are asked to take care that such products are properly labeled to distinguish them from local food.
BFBLN gave us a practical and affordable avenue to get the word out about our Graze Master Meat program. The credibility of BFBLN assures our potential customers that we are legit in how we raise our animals and our commitment to building communities. Del FickeFicke Cattle Company
Products Available for Listing
Apples, Apricots, Asian Pears, Asparagus, Beans, Beets, Blackberries, Broccoli, Brussels Sprout, Cabbage, Carrots, Cauliflower, Cherries, Cucumbers, Eggplant, Elderberries, Garlic, Grapes, Greens, Herbs, Kale, Kohlrabi, Leeks, Lettuce, Melons, Mulberries, Mushrooms, Nectarines, Okra, Onions, Parsnips, Paw Paws, Peaches, Pears, Peas, Peppers, Persimmons, Plums, Potatoes, Pumpkin, Radishes, Raspberries, Rhubarb, Rutabaga, Shallots, Spinach, Squash(s), Squash (w), Strawberries, Sweet Corn, Sweet Potatoes, Tomatoes, Turnips
Beef, Buffalo, Goat, Lamb, Pork, Rabbit, Catfish, Tilapia, Trout, Chicken, Duck, Emu, Goose, Ostrich, Turkey
Cow, Goat, Sheep, Butter, Cheese, Ice Cream
ON FARM VALUE ADDED PRODUCTS
Cider, Cut Flowers, Christmas Trees, Dried Beans, Dehydrated Veg/Fruit/Herbs, Eggs, Floral, Fiber Products, Grains, Honey, Jams, Jellies, Nuts, Syrups Soap, Transplants, Trees/Shrubs
PRODUCTS SOLD THROUGH:
CSA (our own), Direct on Farm, Distilleries, Farmers Market, Farm Website, Grocery Store, Institutions, Meat Locker, On Farm Store, Pick Your Own, On-Line Farmers' Market, Restaurant, Roadside Stand, Schools, Wineries
ATTRIBUTES OF PRODUCTS:
Antibiotic Free, Biodynamic, Certified Natural, Certified Organic, Conventional, Confinement, Free Range, Grass Fed, Heritage, Heirloom, Hormone Free, Hydroponic, IPM, rBST Free, Sustainable, Transitional Organic