Ingredients (12 servings)
- 2/3 c. brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 c. 100% apple juice
- 2 ½ c. old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 c. cereal, crunchy nugget
- 3/4 c. dried fruit
- 1 c. almonds or sunflower seeds
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Combine brown sugar and apple juice in a large nonstick skillet. Cook over medium high heat three minutes, stirring frequently, until sugar dissolves.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the sugar mixture. Cook five minutes or until granola is lightly browned, stirring frequently. Cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container up to two weeks.
Per Serving: Calories 192, Total Fat 5 g (7% DV), Saturated Fat 1 g (2% DV), Cholesterol 0 mg (0% DV), Sodium 126 mg (5% DV), Total Carbohydrate 35 g (27% DV), Dietary Fiber 3 g (12% DV), Sugars 20 g, Protein 4 g, Vitamin A 7%, Vitamin C 1%, Calcium 4%, Iron 24%